This last council meeting of the month should be brief as the horseshoe handles some left over business from meetings in the recent past.
CLOSED MEETINGS: Public Appointment to Guelph Public Library Board of Directors; IDE-2018-43 Hanlon Creek Business Park – Potential Disposition of Real Estate.
CS-2018-35 2018 Development Charge Study: Area-Specific Rating Consideration - Last month, council had a workshop to look at changes to Development Charges, particularly whether or not to implement area-specific ratings. Right now, DCs are the same throughout Guelph no matter where developers build, but an area-specific rating would implement a strategy where areas of the city with more construction might be charged more in DCs after the completion of what's called a Background Study. After a comprehensive review by Watson and Associates, council has decided to keep the status quo as it will create "a larger pool of DC funds allowing for greater flexibility in funding infrastructure priorities," while resulting in "more strategic investment in growth-related infrastructure across the City and significantly reduce the administrative burden of an area-specific methodology."
Consent Items from the Committee-of-the-Whole meeting on March 5:
- IDE-2018.32 2017 Annual & Summary Water Services Report
- IDE-2018.28 Municipal Class Environmental Assessment Reform
- IDE-2018.26 Sign By-Law Variance - 392 Silvercreek Parkway North
- IDE-2018.27 Sign By-Law Variance - 848 Gordon Street
- IDE-2018.36 Parking Technology Selection and Implementation Metrics Study
- IDE-2018.18 Commercial Policy Review: Vision and Principles
- IDE-2018.03 City Initiated Official Plan Amendment for Affordable Housing
- IDE-2018.31 Sewer Abatement and Leak Forgiveness Credits Policies
- CS-2018.33 Code of Conduct for Members of Council and Local Boards - Update
- CS-2018.36 Procedural By-Law Update
- CS-2018.02 Procurement By-Law Update