About the Blog:

Guelph Politico is locally sourced and dedicated to covering the political and cultural scene in the City of Guelph. Est. 2008.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Another "What's the Deal With...?" Moment.

I'm a journalist and ergo naturally curious. So I offer the following: The Fountain Pen.


Though it's billed as "Guelph's On-line Newspaper," there's actually precious little news. Actually, make that recent news. At least outside a twice weekly police blotter and the recent municipal election results. Other than those two things, the most recent item I can find is from June 2008 in the "About Town" section. Still, the  website seems to get updated by someone, and any e-mails to the editor's address don't bounce back, so what's the story?
I honestly don't have an answer. Like I said, it's a bit of curiosity that pre-occupied my mind lately. I think having an on-line newspaper for the City would be a great idea, and I'd love to see a more active Fountain Pen pop back on the radar. If there's one thing that doing Politico has taught me is that there's always room for more thoughtful insight and discussion into the goings on in our City. 

No comments: