About the Blog:

Guelph Politico is locally sourced and dedicated to covering the political and cultural scene in the City of Guelph. Est. 2008.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Slate Opens Up

I kind of feel like a dope for not finding this till now, but better late than never.

While writing my Echo column today, I was researching stories currently in the news and came across articles about Ward 1 Councillor Kathleen Farrelly's plan to bow out of the next election and her son Sean's plans to throw his hat in the ring for her Ward 1 seat.

Out of curiosity, I went to the city's website to remind myself the deadline for filing nomination papers, and I came across this:

It's a handy chart of everyone that's turned in their papers so far, and by the looks of things we've got 5 nominees on the ballot, including 3 incumbents. As well, you can sign-up for e-mail updates, which I pressume will let you know when the list of nominees is updated. You can find all this, by clicking on this link.

So I guess the race is a foot, huh? I wonder if Bob Bell is going to run again, or whether he's going to throw all his attention into running as the Green Party candidate in the next Federal election? What of Maggie Laidlaw, Ian Findley and the other representatives of Ward 4, 5 and 6?

Incidentally, if any potential canadidate reading this is interested in breaking the news of their candidacy on The Politico, I would only be too happy to oblige. (Keep it in mind.)

No comments: