Part of crowd-funding for Guelph Politico and expanding its coverage was to also expand the voices that use it. This has had to happen a bit sooner than I expected, but it's happening now just the same. I'm looking for someone to help me out with Politico on a freelance basis. Details are below.Responsibilities:
The primary responsibility will be to sub for me live-tweeting at city council meetings. This will primarily be on Tuesdays or Wednesdays; it may also involve a couple of Mondays. You will have to be in the council chambers with your laptop, tweeting all the votes, comments, and insight as it happens. You will be using the @adamadonaldson Twitter feed, and you will also have to be posting the tweets to a Storify thread at the same time. Aside from that, there may be opportunities to contribute posts, articles and short features on a per case basis. As a contributor will be compensated for their time.
- Interest in local politics (obviously)
- Must be apolitical, or at least bipartisan
- Must have writing experience (college and university newspapers count)
- Some knowledge of ongoing local issues and local politicians
- Knowledge and use of social media, especially Twitter, is a must