At tonight's City Council meeting, the floor is opened up for the first time to public delegations about the budget. Sadly, I won't be able to be there because of a prior commitment, but I expect there will be some sharp words from many speaking, especially the many who are speaking on behalf of the disadvantaged.
If you want to be a spectator, be at City Hall by 7 pm. Or if you can't be there, you watch the whole thing live on Rogers TV.
In the meantime, here's the list of tonight's delegate:
- Anastasia Ziprick on behalf of the Guelph Jazz Festival
- Sandy Ferguson-Escott on behalf of the Guelph-Non Profit Housing Committee
- Terry O’Connor on behalf of the Income Security Action Group for Poverty Task Force
- Erinn White on behalf of the Guelph & District Labour Council
- Ben Bennett
- Barb McPhee on behalf of Community Voices
- Konnie Peet, Executive Director of the Guelph Community Health Centre on behalf of the Wellington-Guelph Drug Strategy Committee
- Andrew Seagram on behalf of the Guelph Wellington Task Force for Poverty Elimination
- Colin Hunter on behalf of the Guelph Professional Firefighters Association
- Paul Clarkson
- Paul Reeve, Chair of the Accessibility Advisory Committee
- Peter Mac Neill on behalf of the Amalgamated Transit Union, Local 1189
- Jacqueline Dixon