About the Blog:

Guelph Politico is locally sourced and dedicated to covering the political and cultural scene in the City of Guelph. Est. 2008.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Here We Go Again (Again)

So we're a couple of days into the new year... Are you sick of 2011 yet? Should we just skip the whole thing and get ready for the Ride of Doom in 2012? You know what I mean.
Kidding aside, new year's always means reflection for me: what did I get done last year, what didn't I get done, what's worth trying to do this year and what new projects should I tackle. This time last year, my goal was to make more of Guelph Politico after a less than attentive '09, and I think for the most part it was mission: accomplished. 
But I didn't get everything I want to get done. I was one ward shy of completing the "Better Know A Ward" sextet (although it was my own ward and I felt kind of conflicted about it), I ranted and raved about transit, and the number of posts were up by about 120 per cent. I think there was some good work done, and some of you, I gathered from the occasional comments, agreed. Cool. Thanks for reading. 
So what's doing in 2011? Well, I don't think we're going to change the format a whole lot. The big budget debates will begin in a couple of weeks, and that should provide ample fodder. There's a provincial election in the fall, and elections are always interesting (at least to me). There's also the possibility of a Federal Election sometime down the line, although I kind of hope the Globe's interpretation of events doesn't come to pass. I'm also still in the process of getting my new podcast up and going, which will hopefully begin soon. It's called The Wyndham Street Podcast and it will be available through In Magazine.
So I guess what I'm saying is that I'll be staying the course this year. Please keep reading and if the mood should strike you, post your feedback. Have a good 2011 everyone. Stay tuned.

No comments: